Should I apply for financing before my first consultation?

Originally, my intention was to pay cash for my procedure but my financial situation had changed and I will not be able to pay cash in full. Ideally, I will have at least 1-2k as a down payment. But with life, who knows? I'm not sure how long the process takes to apply for a loan. Should I start filling out paperwork for credit/loan before my consultation? I am not planning to have a long period of time between my first consultation as my goal is to have surgery at the end of May.

Many offices assist their patients in the financing process.

We present several options to our patients and help them apply in the office. If this is not the case for your surgeon, feel free to begin applying before you go in for your consultation. Once you know you are approved you will have a better idea of when you can move forward with the surgery. 

Good Luck!

Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Financing for #plasticsurgery procedures

In our Seattle clinic, we assist patients with their financing credit applications during the consultation process. We use a couple of different financing companies and this allows patients to compare interest rates and credit requirements.

Financing a breast augmentation

Hi Stephanie,

There are many options for financing cosmetic procedures and you should definitely investigate prior to your consultation.  Just because you qualify for financing, doesn't mean you ever need to use it.  I would check with the office where you plan on having your consultation.  Not all plans offered by the different lending institutions will be accepted by the plastic surgeon.

Hope that helps.

Dr. B

Many institutions recommend a third party company for loans. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and go from there.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Financing options

Most offices use financing companies. Care Credit is a common one. Prior to consultation find out who your surgeon uses and see if the money makes sense before proceeding. 

Mark D. Wigod, MD
Boise Plastic Surgeon

Financing prior to consult

We provide all of our potential patients the opportunity to secure their financing even before they arrive so that they have an idea of their budget.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Apply for Financing Before Breast Augmentation Consultation?

You could apply before your consultation to save time, however most companies will answer right away. Check with the offices where plan to have a consultation to see what companies they recommend, such as Care Credit. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

You can certainly apply for financing before your consultation as some of my patients have done to streamline the process. It does not put you under any financial obligation but will give you a sense of what funds might be available at the time of the consultation and fee quote.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Applying for financial support before my consultation

It would make sense given your plans and situation to find out what credit plans your plastic surgeon(s) work with before your consultation.

Fred Suess, MD

There are several companies that finance cosmetic surgery and getting approved on line is generally pretty quick. It's a good idea to have it all done prior to your consultation. I will include a web address below with some financing ideas you may find useful. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD