3 minutes in LA sun at 10:15 am 1 day after IPL! Is it too late?

I had IPL yesterday and this morning around 10:15 I was in the sun for 2-3 minutes with a thick layer of A+D cream on my face. I'm in LA and it's a bright sunny day! Did I just ruin my face and is there anything I can do now or is it too late?

IPL and Sunprotection -- A + D Ointment

First off, A+D ointment is not the best post laser skin care. I suggest speaking to your physician about the best options after IPL.  A little sun will not harm you, although protection is essential.  All of my patients start heliocare oral supplementation as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

First use an adequate sunscreen to protect your face. Heliocare ,an over the counter supplement decreases damage to the skin form sunlight. Finally the two to three minutes will probably do no damage. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun protection after IPL

Sun protection is important but 3, 5 or 10 minutes in the sun is not going to make any difference in outcomes.

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member