How much would is cost to repair both earls that have been completely torn? (photos)

I have both ear lobes torn by 2inch stretchers right down the middle. They are fully healed, happened over a year and a half ago. I want to know what are the options for the treatment as well? What are the steps that will be done? Will I be able to get them reattached? Would they be cut completely? Would I still have earlobes to wear regular stud earrings? I am looking to have the surgery on the Friday of July 16th.

Ear lobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Costs vary

Costs vary a lot between providers for torn earlobe repairs.
You can check the Realself link and see huge variations in the different areas of the country.
You can scroll down to your area also.
Best wishes, Dr. Denkler

Both earlobes torn

The cost in can range from $1500 -$2000.00/ both ears.  It is an office procedure that should not require any additional money for anesthesia or facility fee's.  Each doctor sets the rate based on their own confidence, skill and training.

I use dissolving sutures and cover the area for a week at which time most of the sutures would come off with the tape removal.  If things look good I re-tape for one more week.  If everything heals appropriately you may pierce your ears around 2 mos.  Try not to pierce at the site of repair.  Place the hole in a portion that has not been lacerated/repaired.

If you start to develop scars you may benefit from steroid injections.

Your earlobes will look normal at the end.  Good luck.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Repair

Thank you for your question. Earlobe Repair is performed under local anaesthetic and sutured together in layers with different strength sutures.  In most cases absorbable stitches are used to repair the split but in some cases there may be a need for non-absorbable sutures that will then be removed at 5 to 7 days post surgery.  Small dressing tape is applied to the scar to protect the wound which is shower proof and will be removed at your follow up in 5 to 7 days time.  This procedure effectively reshape the earlobes to a more aesthetically pleasing look.  After the wound has healed, you will be able to re-pierced.

A guide price for this surgery would be £900 

All the best for your procedure!

Earlobe Surgery

Thank you for your questions and the photos. The cost of the procedure varies based on location, but generally costs around $1000 and can be done in the office with local anesthesia to restore a naturally looking earlobe. I prefer to have my patients wait at least 6 weeks before re-piercing earlobes as well. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD
Miami Florida

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cost for torn earlobe repair

This is a very common problem. However, the repair can be fairly challenging. The difficulty is in deciding what part and how much of the torn earlobe needs to be discarded to create a natural earlobe contour. You should achieve very natural looking results, however, if you choose your surgeon carefully. The cost will range from $1500-2500 total for both ears. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Torn Gauged Earlobe Piercings Repair #earloberepairseattle

• Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to undergo repair of your torn stretched earlobes.
  • Some redundant skin will be removed, and your earlobe will be reconstructed to give it a nice pleasing shape.
  • You will be left with scars, but after 6 weeks you may re-pierce your earlobes.
  • We would charge around $1,000 per earlobe.  Price will depend on the experience of your surgeon and location. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Ear lobe repair

The cost will depend on where you go. The lobes can be repaired and will likely be relatively normal in appearance after they heal. I usually recommend waiting about 2-3 mos after they are repaired to have them re-pierced.

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much would is cost to repair both earls that have been completely torn?

The repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance". Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe. It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates. Re piercing can be done, preferably in a spot away from the scar line, a few months down the line. Costs vary from practice to practice ($800-$1000 in our practice).

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.