Do chemical peels really remove acne scars? (Photo)

Sir, i am 19 years old i have acne scars, so i want to ask u that the chemical peeling is right option for me or not? And how the chemical peeling remove my scars.?

Acne Scars

There are many ways to help treat acne scars from lasers such as V-Beam and eMatrix to chemical peels. Please consult an expert in scar treatments. Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars

There are numerous options to improve acne scarring. The best approach is often using multiple modalities to get the best benefit out of each. Overall, acne scarring can be a difficult problem, but when properly managed results can be very satisfactory.

Chemical peeling and other resurfacing modalities such as lasers are generally the foundation of this multiple modality approach. These resurfacing modalities work by causing a very controlled injury to the skin that induces a collagen healing response.

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon