Veneers too thick underneath. When I slightly lift my face you can see the angle of the veneer?

Hello! I had 6 veneers fitted on the top teeth and the 2 front onea are very thik underneath. When I slightly lift my face you can see the angle of the veneer

Thick veneers

I'm not really sure which part of the veneers you are referring to, but if they are too thick on the BACKSIDE, nobody will ever see this and you will get used to it.  If they are too thick on the front and bulky feeling, this is a different situation entirely and can really only be remedied by remaking them; using strict criteria for evaluating the thickness BEFORE they are permanently bonded.

Steven M. Goldy DDS

Beverly Hills Dentist

Solution for thick veneers #DrSoftTouch

Without being able to examine you, I cannot say whether your veneers are too thick. I suspect that they are slightly thicker than your natural teeth, and this can take some getting used to. I would recommend giving yourself a few months to adjust to the veneers. If at the end of this time period you still feel that your veneers are too thick, I would recommend returning to your dentist to have the veneers adjusted. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Solution for thick veneer

Hi:

Without a photo it is very difficult to give you advice, however sometimes the veneers can be slightly adjusted to make sure it is not as angled.  It is best for you to communicate your concern with your dentist.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist