Is swelling under the nipple the result of the overall healing process after 3 months following gynecomastia surgery?

I am almost 13 weeks post operation: lipo/excision. Around one month and a half, my chest was swollen more than it is now. But when I look at my chest, I see the nipple area is more swollen than the other part of the chest, which is still a bit swollen but not as much as the nipple area. Is it like the tissue has been healed and then it all accumulates under the nipple? my doc said I should wait 6 months

Nipple swelling after gynecomastia surgery.

I would agree with your surgeon to wait six months before completely evaluating results. However, firm tissue around the nipple is not uncommon and is likely scar tissue. Massaging the area can help  

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is still very common to have continued thickness behind the nipple.   The swelling has resolved and now you have to wait for your body to remodel the scar tissue behind the nipple.   I agree with your surgeon that the scar tissue will be much softer and less noticeable over the next 3 months.  Even after that you will continue to have softening of the scar tissue.

Try to be patient.   Follow your surgeon's advice.  You may ask him/her their feelings about having you begin massaging the areas as this can help soften the scar tissue.