2nd gyno surgery? swelling under the nipple with a little bit of swelling or whatever it is under the chest after gynecomastia.

I am almost 13 weeks post surgery. liposuction and excision. I am so depressed now when I look at my chest because It is still a bit pushed forward. My doctor said I should just wait like 6 months but It is really depressing me. I feel Its the gland under the nipple but the doc said no its not. What can i do? is it wise to think about doing a revision surgery again to simply cut the nipple open and just pull this tissue out?

Gynecomastia and the Healing Process

Possible complications resulting from gynecomastia surgery -
  • Asymmetry during the healing process
  • Lumps or firmness under skin
  • Prolonged swelling (edema)
  • Skin Pigment changes
  • Prolonged redness of the incision
As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. You can work on this yourself and continue to contact your doctor if the area does not improve. Hopefully the healing process will continue as was told to you and there will be nothing to further worry you. Best of luck.

2nd gyno surgery?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your current results are not what you anticipated.  Without a series of photographs before and after surgery it is difficult to offer definite advice, but if there is the same firm glandular tissue as before you may require a second surgery to have this removed.  This revision involves an incision along the lower half of each affected areola.  I would recommend waiting at least six months from your original surgery before assessing your results and the need for a revision as you may simply have residual swelling.  Hang in there!