Would this gynecomastia technique help? (Photo)

I scheduled an appointment for a surgery, excision and liposuction combined. My doc said he will make two incisions of 5 ml on both sides of each areola and by doing so, the scars will be almost invisible and it's impossible to see them. My question is do you think this will work as claimed? and is it possible that liposuction can be used within the same opening made by the incision?

About the Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Would this gynecomastia technique help?

It is quite possible that the scars will be relatively invisible with this technique. The incision size seems to be on the smaller side. Liposuction can be done through the same or another hidden incision. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery

Your surgeon may be using the Lateral Pull Through technique, which is what I have used for the last 10 years. 5 mm is a bit small though. I usually have to make the incision 1.5 cm (which is still small) in order to directly excise the tough breast tissue that will not come out with Lipo and UAL. Make sure your surgeon is able to directly excise this glandular tissue through the small incision or you may be dissappointed and require revision to take it out later. Good luck.

Gynecomastia technique

There are a number of ways to perform gynecomastia surgery based on the individual patient's anatomy and surgeon's preferences. Ask your surgeon to show you before and after pictures of patients like you to get an idea of what things should look like afterwards.

Would this gynecomastia technique help?

Many surgeons use an incision around the areola to remove breast tissue from under the nipple. It is very common to use liposuction to create a smooth contour to the chest.

Placing the incision at the border of the areola is an attempt to minimize the appearance of the scar. However, no scars are invisible. It's important to decide whether the trade-off of a scar, for a more contoured chest is worth it to you.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and picture.  Some doctors can do excision small amounts of gynecomastia tissue through the small areolar incisions that you describe.  And then certainly, liposuction can be dome through these incisions as well.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery

Individuals use the techniques that work best for them,the key is of course experience.I utilize a periarelar incision which is what I believe you are describeing along with a 2m.m. incision in the crease by the top of the armpit.

There are NEVER any guarantees to visibility of any scarring!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gynecomastia

If your doctor is comfortable and accomplished with the technique it should be fine. I myself find it difficult to do through an incision in that area and use a tiny incision inside the armpit where we can perform the liposuction and also use a specialized instrument to remove the hard gland tissue if necessary. I am not in anyway second-guessing your surgeon. As long as you are comfortable with him and her thing should work out well for you.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon