Chest is swollen. How can it be fixed? (Photo)

Last year I started to go to the gym and started taking Creatine hydrochloride. It lasted for 4 months during which I started to eat relatively more than before. After 4 months, I stopped going to the gym and taking Creatine. Two months following this, I started to fee that my chest is becoming a bit loose and started to develop man boobs. In fact, I am 181 cm with 73 kg weight, so I am rather skinny, but with a loose chest. Could you please give me an insight on how to go over this? Thank you

Doctor Answers 3

Concerned About Swollen Chest

It's not easy to determine without an in-person #consultation. However, if you are a #candidate, there are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

Swollen Chest

Thank you for your picture.  It is recommended that you see a plastic surgeon for evaluation.  If there are no external causes to this development of your chest and your exam is otherwise normal except for chest fullness then liposuction and gland removal would be beneficial

Chest is swollen. How can it be fixed?

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your chest wall appearance. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis.

In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction surgery may also be helpful.
My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,488 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.