Can I have voluma in mid face dissolved after 1 week from implant? I had 0.5ml on each side. (photos)

Weight lost left my face with no definiton. On my first visit I had 0.5ml for each mid face, and for my next visit I was supposed to have 0.5 ml for each outer part of the cheek bones. Now looking in the miror I feel that my face will get too round, because I still have fat on the lower part of the face (mouth corners) and after voluma that seems more noticeable. Can I ask for disolving the first voluma after only one week and go back to how it was before.

Voluma disaster

I am sorry you had this bad experience. What happened was probably a wrong injection of the product that led to heaviness and droopiness of your cheek rather than lifting it. The good news is that yes it can be dissolved especially that at 1 week the product did not integrate into the tissues. I advise you to seek a plastic surgeon who has good up to date training in the new injection techniques.he csn dissolve the wrongly injected product and inject it the right way.

best of luck, 

Shady Hayek, M.D. 
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 
Beirut, Lebanon 

Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with Voluma after on week

I would say wait to have it dissolved. It will settle down after about 2 weeks. Remember that dissolving a filler is not as exact as placing it. Some of the filler that you might want can get dissolved too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Can I have voluma in mid face dissolved after 1 week from implant? I had 0.5ml on each side.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  To answer your question, yes you can have voluma dissolved within a week of injection, but I would recommend you try and give your results a bit more time.   It normally takes a full month to get the full effects, and as a "lifting" agent, Voluma helps reshape your face into a heart outline, it does not make your face rounder.  

The Volume is still there but is likely not where you want it. The misplaced product can be minimized with hyaluronidase injections and more Volume injected where you want it to be. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Not happy with Results

Voluma needs to be placed high on the cheeks to give you an "instant" lift.  If the product was placed too low you may have the opposite results.  You can definitely have the product dissolved now one week later.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with Voluma and other facial injections.  Sculptra may be a better type of product for injection for you. Best, Dr. Green