2 weeks post op, open wound & separated Labia. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have 2weeks P.O , My labia Separated and i can see on right side some swollen 'thing' What is that? It is normal? Ill meet my surgerion next week. i wished a nice vagina and now looks worse .And the problem now its tickle me verry hard

Botched Labiaplasty

Your surgeon tried very hard to do the right thing with a wedge, but you've obviously had a botched labiaplasty with edge separation. It can happen, but it is exceedingly (exceedingly) rare now in my practice. You should be patient and follow all instructions. In 6 months you can have a revision planned. Your doctor needs to place more layers of closure in the deeper tissues in order to get a secure closure that won't separate.

Swelling to be Expected Post-Op Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months and firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. Best of luck to you!

Labiaplasty complication

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques. You have separation on the right labia reduction. The reconstruction technique depends on the deformity. However, no attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. I probably would recommend a clitoral hood flap to reconstruct your labia if your surgeon left enough remaining clitoral hood.  I also invented this procedure about 8 years ago and have done it at least 50 times with excellent results. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.
Gary J. Alter, M.D.Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

2 weeks post op, open wound & separated Labia. Any suggestions?

It is difficult to tell what is going on from seeing just this one photo. We have no idea what you looked like before the procedure. You need to see your PS asap as they are familiar with your pre-op anatomy and what was done during your procedure.

Poorly done wedge labiaplasty falls apart

Your right side scar fell apart. Judging by the appearance of the left side, it seems that too much tissue was removed. This leaves significant tension on the scar causing it rip. You will need a revision. You should wait at least 6 months.

Thank you for your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your healing complication after surgery.  I see your right sided wedge resection separation.  Due to the thin tissues of this area, and the degree of swelling they can undergo it would be best to allow the separation to heal as it lays before pursuing a revision procedure in 3-6 months.  Your surgeon should be able to walk you through series of next steps but if you are not confidant in them, seek a second opinion.  Best wishes.

Wed

Dear MatapimI am sorry to hear of your surgical problem.  This is a typical example of what happens with the wedge resection technique does not heal well.  The problem with this situation it is often difficult to repair. It will not repair on its own and you will have a permanent wedge defect here until you have it repairs.  I believe what you are referring to as the swollen thing is the remnants of the hymenal ring. This is normal. Often when women have a labia reduction this exposes the opening of the vagina so one can see inside. 
 I just operated on a patient from Miami Fl who had her wedge resection performed and it broke down.  Since that time she had 2 repair surgeries and these also broke down.   She came to me at that point and did not have enough tissue to attempt a further wedge resection repair.  I have been repairing labiaplasties for more than 20 years and they are not always easy to repair.  Please wait a minimal of 3 months or possibly 4 to do the repair..  I would be extremely careful about letting the same surgeon repeat your operation.... I am not saying don't let him do it  but look for an alternative surgeon to get his/her opinion.  

John R Miklos MD
Urogyencologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai