Is the nose going to fully recover or do I need a second intervention? (Photos)

Hello, I had an intervention 3 and a half years ago, open rhynoplasty and severe septum deviation. To avoid visual holes after the healing of the skin, she placed 2 gristles on both sides of the nose. The problem is that the right side of the nose healed pretty fast and fully, while the left side is still swollen [it's the side where I had the septum deviated] and I have trouble breathing on that side. My doctor said it can heal up to 4-5 years, but I am afraid it will remain like this.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Nasal Obstruction after Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty

If you are still having some breathing issues then you may need further corrective surgery. After 3 years, your surgeon should be able to recommend any appropriate intervention. If you still have concerns, consider a second opinion from an expert nasal surgeon. I would not want to see you wait an additional 1-2 years for a nasal airway obstruction issue if something could be done sooner. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon