Does anyone have a list of autoimmune tests to be done before breast augumentation?

As in the last few months and years i see more and more woman having autoimmune disorders..and in order to eliminate all mu questions about it because in the near future I WANT to do my BREAST AUGUMENTATION surger,what tests should i do in order toknow if i have ir i am predisposed to having any AUTOIMMUNE disorders? I want to specificate that i really want to do these tests,and that i need a lyst of them.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It will be better for you to consult these with your primary physician first, and then when you have all the info, go to your chosen board certified plastic surgeon.

Autoimmune diseases and breast implants

Hi,

There is no need for autoimmune tests before this surgery, and there is no "screening" tests for this. There is no evidence breast implants are associated with auto-immune diseases, but if you are worried, then maybe you should not have this surgery.

Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Autoimmune diseases

I would suggest meeting with your primary care physician who can order a variety of tests if he/she thinks it is appropriate. Many autoimmune disorders are caused by or intensified by food allergies. Food allergy testing can also be very helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon