Is there a late side effect for hyaluronic acid? (Photo)

I was injected 3 weeks ago. I have redness and swallowing on the right nadolabial region for 2 days. Haw to treat this condition?

Review by your injector specialist.

Yes, delayed side effects can occur with fillers, even with HA fillers. If the area is red and tender, it maybe the start of an infection, or rarely an allergy or maybe totally unrelated. I suggest seeing your injector who performed this procedure. All the best, Dr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Redness and swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for.I recommend that you follow up with the physician who performed your procedure to make sure you are not having a complication such as infection or an allergic reaction. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon