I am 4-5 days post op. I have 410cc teardrop cohesive implants. Will my boobs drop and get the more natural look? (photos)

I went from an A cup with asymetry. Have 1 child and boobs deflated after breastfeeding. I am 174 cm tall and 60 kg.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

I am 4-5 days postop. I have 410 cc teardrop cohesive implants. Will my boobs drop and get a more natural look?

Thank you for your question and your photographs.Your photographs are certainly helpful.My advice is to wait 4 to 6 months prior to considering a final result.That being said, the augmentation surgery wherein the implant is placed under the muscle results in the implant appearing high on the chest and then drops within 3 weeks to 3 months.The degree to which you will receive a more natural look would best be discussed with your plastic surgeon once the swelling has subsided.I wish you the best of luck.

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photos. At 4 days post op you definitely do not see anything like your finished results. There will be swelling, pressure and distortion of the implants for some time. I recommend that you hold off evaluating the breast appearance until closer to 6 months post op.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Textured anatomical implants

Implants generally look high and tight early after surgery and they "drop and fluff" over time.  This settling process can take a number of months and often takes longer with form-stable anatomical (teardrop) textured implants.  The breast appearance will generally look fairly reasonable within 4-6 weeks, however you will see continued improvement month by month.  I find that these implants can continue to improve in their natural appearance and softness over 6-12 months. Be patient and let the implants settle at their own pace.  You should be seen periodically by your surgeon, and if you have a concern about asymmetry or another issue, see your surgeon for further instructions sooner rather than later. Best of luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - implants have not dropped after 5 days

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• It can take 3 months or even longer for some implants to drop in place.
  • As your implants settle in place, they will look more natural.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breasts not dropping

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I am 4-5 days post op. I have 410cc teardrop cohesive implants. Will my boobs drop and get the more natural look?

Yes. It is far too early to be concerned. implants will drop and continue to look more natural over the next three months.