I'm 14 yrs old. Can an ear be fixed without surgery? (photo)

Hello, I'm a 14 years old and I know my ears stick out.. Anyway do people hat ears like this? I heard other kids were made fun and bullied... My parents are so way to harss and they will never accept surgery that is why I can't take it ! First of all they don't care about what other think about me but I do. Is there any natural or a way to make them stay more sticked to my head? Like not perfectly but to push them alittle more back that's all I want.

Doctor Answers 3

Otoplasty without surgery at the age of 14

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This would not be possible based on the best of my knowledge. There are options at the first 1-2 months of birth and really the first month when the ear cartilages are soft and susceptible to molding through products like Earwell. But to make your ears more pinned would require a small procedure. You wouldn't have to put totally out and it can be done under light safer anesthesia.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can an ear be fixed without surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is not possible to bring your ears permanently closer to your head without an operation. However, there are otoplasties of different degrees of invasiveness. The least invasive operation is the stitch method.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Can ears be fixed without surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Unfortunately, there is not a non-surgical method to permanently push back the ears.  Wearing a hat that covers at least the top of the ear or growing longer hair can sometimes help to hide the ears a bit so they don't look like they are sticking out as much.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.