Will right boob drop so the boobs look same or close? (photos)

I am 2 weeks post op. I have 410cc teardrop cohesive implants from Eurosilicone (Matrix). Do you think i still have swelling? I notice my right boob is higher and the left one looks fuller. Do you think they will get to look close ? I would hate an obvious asymetry!

Will right boob drop?

Thanks for your photos and question.  My advice is to wait 4-6 weeks before considering a "final" result.  It is also important to acknowledge that you had a rather significant asymmetry to begin with.  The degree to which you achieve symmetry will be important to discuss with your plastic surgeon once the swelling has subsided.  You may also want to discuss breast massage.  I wish you good luck.

Asymmetry

Based on the photos provided, you had a significant asymmetry in both breast position and size pre operatively. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to share your concerns as they know your situation the best.

Take care

Will right boob drop so the boobs look same or close?

Urinary implants will continue to drop and improve over the next 8-12 weeks.  After 12 weeks if you still have an asymmetry you may need a lift of the left larger lower breast.

Postoperative Breast Implant Asymmetry

The most common cause of postoperative asymmetry is preoperative asymmetry.

When you have significant differences in the size, shape (e.g., horizontal, vertical, tuberous), degree of ptosis, etc it is important to discuss the probability of asymmetry after surgery.  

Some me patients elect not to improve the symmetry at the time of the augmentation in which case my goal is to make each breast look better and accept the fact they won't resemble each other.

The significant asymmetry you have present preop is reflected in the postoperative photos.  Two weeks after surgery is still early and the best thing to do is wait, but in any event there will be significant asymmetry even with descent of the right implant. 

Samuel Beran, MD

Breasts asymmetric

I see you concern. Unfortunately in your case another approach would have been more successful. Given your preoperative picture you had a breast asymmetry both in size and shape. Your right infra mammary fold was higher than your left. You have large areolas, too. The right implant will not come down to an extend that you would have symmetry, furthermore the volume asymmetry will not settle over time.
I suggest, that you have a revision surgery in 3 to 6 month with reducing your areola diameter, repositioning of the implants and adjusting their volume.

Wish you all the best.

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos
As you had some asymmetry before your surgery you still have some after your surgery. Asymmetry can be a challenge to correct. I would recommend that you allow everything to settle, you'll probably need to wait a good three months and then discuss what can be done to improve the symmetry with you plastic surgeon.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after BBA

Thanks for your question and photos. Based on your pre op pictures, your left breast was larger and lower.  If you had the same size implants placed, the left will still be larger after surgery.  Similarly, you had some mild ptosis, left greater than right.  Although you will settle some over the next few months, I suspect that these differences will likely remain to some degree.  I believe that you may have benefitted from asymmetrically sized implants and a periareolar breast lift to achieve the best symmetry.  That being said, this may have been discussed with you by your surgeon and a decision made to proceed as you did.  In any event, I recommend that you wait until full healing has occurred before making a final decision.  I suggest that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best Regards

Post Augmentation and Assymetry

It's still early in your healing process. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.