3 weeks post gyno and lypo. How long before I see my final result? (Photo)

Hello! I just want the opinion of other surgeons out there, this is how it looks after 3 weeks, the areola is big as bit used to be, but I'm aware that the result can be seen in 3-5 months.

Gynecomastia surgery

It would be helpful to see the before images, but you are on your way to a final result, which hopefully will be what you want. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. He will help to provide peace of mind during your healing process. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How long tip final result after gynecomastia surgery?

Unfortunately it usually takes at least 3, and lore likely 6 months to see the final result.  Hard to tell how extensive your procedure was without seeing the preop photos.  Recovery time is directly proportional to the extent of the procedure.  So an extensive large volume removal will take longer to recover from than a more minor liposuction procedure.  looks good so far.

Partial excision of the #gynecomastia tissue or some residual fluid accumulation can explain your result. 

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

When are Results Noticeable after Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation process after #gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.  In the future, any #indentations may be addressed with fat #grafting or #cosmetic #fillers if you are  deemed a good fit.If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Early post-op results appear satisfactory

but this is based on 2D images and no images of what you started with.  Final results should be not be judged until at least 3 months out, preferably even longer.  If you have the same protrusion as you did prior to the procedure, then I would be more concerned.

Swelling can take time

Hello!
I see you have posted your pictures. It does look like there is some swelling, but also maybe not enough was removed. The nipple/areola usually has begun to appear smaller by 3 weeks. 
Good luck.

Swelling can take time

Hello!
Good luck.