Open heart patient wanting Breast Augmentation/Reconstruction, would it be possible to hide the scar or remove it?

I am a 32a would like to go to a high b or cWould it be possible to hide the line or remove it

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, provide pictures for better answer, it will depend on the evaluation of your surgeon, if he can do a scar revision with your BA.

Breast augmentation to hide a heart surgery scar?

A scar can't be removed but a breast augmentation could distract attention to the scar. The distraction is much like the idea of getting a tattoo to cover a scar. Whether or not the distraction is enough is a very individual interpretation. Hope this helps to clarify your question and good luck to you. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a breast enlargement and revision my open heart scar?

Most definitely you could have a breast enlargement and revise your open heart scar. In fact, I have used various scars that the patient may have on their chest to gain access to put an implant in through. That way you wouldn't even need another scar or your scar can most definitely be revised at same time. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Open heart scar

Open heart scars are usually down the midline and vertically oriented; a breast surgery tends to use an inframammary crease incision and so may not affect heart scar.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Unfortunately the midline scar on your chest is not able to be removed but there are options to improve it with laser treatments and IPL if it's pigmented. The midline scar should not have any detrimental effect on the result of your breast augmentation. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you feel comfortable with to find out the best options for you. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Post Heart surgery

Good day, 

I am going to presume you had a midline incision? Pictures would be helpful to determine an adequate answer. In general, if that type of incision, not likely to be hidden. Post a pix or two so you can get better feedback.  Also, if for a congenital vs acquired deformity.