Am I a good candidate for a BBL? (photos)

I am 5'1 around 145lbs. I want a bbl to get rid of my belly bulge & to add to my hips and lack of behind...

Am I a good candidate for a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to have a tummy tuck with lipo and bbl, it will be better for your body and you for sure will have really good results

Am I a good candidate for a BBL?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures I see that you have some extra skin that can not be removed by just a Liposuction, i would recommend you a Tummy Tuck, this procedure would give you a flat and natural belly.

Be sure to make your evaluation to a board certified plastic surgeon, hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

BBL candidate

You appear to have sufficient fat for a fat transfer to the buttock however you may also benefit from a tummy tuck at the same time to address the excess skin of your lower abdominal area. Consult with a plastic surgeon in person for a complete exam to be certain.

William Bruno, MD

You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift . A Brazilian Butt Lift  is a fat transfer to the buttocks and hips, using liposuction to remove fat from the The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost.  and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Best procedure for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and accurately tell you if you are a good candidate or not. From the photos you have posted, it does look as though you would be a good candidate. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a BBL?

Yes, you are, but I always remind pt's the best way to a nice rear is a tiny waist, you would need something done down the line to deal with your abdomen if you are done with kids, good luck on your journey!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

You look like  a decent candidate for a BBL.  If you are done having children, you might be a candidate for a tummy tuck too.

Good candidate for BBL

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  With the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a Tummy Tuck.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz