If I have a pacemaker, can I still get a Brazilian butt lift/fat transfer?

I am 26 and have had a pacemaker since I was 3 months old. The older I got the less I needed it. My cardiologist says I no longer depend on it or need it, but I was scared to go without it so I had a new one put in. I use it 0.5% in the past two years. I want a bbl..... Am I able to get one?

BBL and Heart Disease

As a young resident I remember my old chief of surgery telling us "No one has an inherent right of dying on the OR table". When someone has a potentially serious disease other than what we are trying to fix, it is time to slow down and evaluate which is the biggest Thrrat and how we can go about fixing it. 

Since there have been no known or reported deaths from women who failed to have a BBL, but there have been deaths associated with this operation, we need to see just how fit your heart is for this operation. Most plastic surgeons and practically all anesthesiologist a would require that your cardiologists officially clear you ( evaluate and state in writing that it would be safe for you to have ) this operation. It is the safe think to do. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN