I had Juvederm injected yesterday, are these thick and hardened lines normal? (photos)

The hard lines are visible o la depending on my facial expressions

Firmness after fillers

Hello Sermai84,

It is normal to feel the product and have swelling immediately after filler injection.  This sensation can last up to two weeks.  If you are still not happy at this time I'd recommend you follow up with your injector to see what options are available (such as injecting an enzyme to get rid of it). 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Side Effects

Juvederm is a great product for facial injections.  However, swelling can be a by-product of those injections.  This temporary swelling can last up to 14 days.  If you are still swollen after that I would return to your treating dermatologist for examination and possible Vitrase to dissolve any unwanted product.

Filler Injections , Swelling, Few Days After

I suggest waiting 7-14 days to determine if the issue is just swelling post procedure or if there is irregularity from the fillers.  It can be reversed if you are not happy.  Speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Lines after Juvederm injection

it's normal to see or fill some lines after Juvederm injection, but usually with time and some massage, it improves.  If after a week you are still concerned, you should visit the doctor who injected your Juvederm to see if anything needs to be improved.

Swelling after Juvederm in NLF

My opinion is that this won't even out over time. It looks like the filler wasn't placed in the correct area. Time will tell. It can be dissolved if not happy after 2 weeks.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm recovery

Massage and cold compresses will help you a lot.   You must not worry so early.  If this does not settle see the MD that injected you for some help.  You can always get rid of Juvederm with Vitrase or Hylinex.
My Best,  Dr C

Hard areas after Juvederm

Thank you for the question. The hard areas where the Juvederm was injected can be massaged. Also try applying cold compresses to the region. If you do not see a difference next week, follow up with the physician who injected you. Good luck.

Firmness and volumizing is normal immediately after filler injections

Hi sermai84. Thank you for sharing your photos.  Some firmness and volumizing is normal after filler injections, and is directly proportional to how much is injected. It is also normal to experience swelling. Some ways I manage this include ice pack application, arnica montana supplements, and of course time to let the product integrate into surrounding tissue. If this persists, call your plastic surgeon and ask about whether you should do some gentle massage or be seen to determine whether you are a candidate for hyaluronidase injections.  Best wishes,