Achieve a better looking nose? (Photo)

I hate the appearance of my nose. Im 17 years old and I don't think my nose will change? I know I have a deviated septum but I don't no how bad it is. I hate the lines on the side of my nose, my nostrils, and I don't like the line in the middle of my nose. I feel like I have pretty eyes but my nose is a distraction. I also feel like my nose is to big. I also don't like my profile I don't know if its because of my nose or my chin. Excuse my mugshot looking photos. Please help and thank you

Bifid Tip Correction

From the photos submitted, your tip cartilages are widely spaced and broad in the tip defining point. Your profile, however, is perfectly fine. You are the textbook candidate for a tip plasty procedure, in which the tip cartilages are brought together in the midline with sutures in order to close the cleft. Due to the wide nature of the domes, your nose would likely become over-projected without a shortening procedure. This can be done in many ways, but is an essential ingredient in correcting a tip like yours. Whether or not bone refinement or nostril reduction is needed would depend on your own personal desires, which could be determined during a consultation.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation will make a nice improvement...

Once you reach the age of 17, your nose is essentially done growing. Your tip cartilage appears wide and this can be refined with rhinoplasty. Another reason your nose appears large is the fact that your chin is small. Combining a chin implant with rhinoplasty would not only improve your small chin, it will put your whole face and nose into a much better balance. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Achieve A Better Looking Nose?

The answer is yes.  Rhinoplasty will provide you with a much more refined nose, which will be in better balance with the rest of your face.  The goal of rhinoplasty will be to correct your nose so it is no longer the focal point of your face.  Rhinoplasty, in your case, will mainly focus on the bulbosity and bifidity of your nasal tip.  Your septum can be corrected, if deviated, at the time of surgery.  I suggest you followup for a consultation, at which time a thorough examination of your nose can be done to assess your nasal issues and formulate a surgical plan.  At seventeen, you are still a minor and would have to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  I have provided a link below.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Achieve a better looking nose?

YES a full rhinoplasty with chin implant is indicated, but you will need parental consent before even seeing a boarded surgeon...

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip repair and chin implant for weak chin profile

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a bulbous tip, and an under projecting chin. The rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish the goals of reducing the bulbous tip, shaving down the dorsal hump and de-projecting the nose with closed rhinoplasty techniques.Suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages will help  reduce the bulbous tip.  the A small chin implant can also be placed through sub mental incision to give added projection and augmentation to the chin to help with facial balance and proportions. The chin implant all help make the nose look less projecting. For many examples of this combination in our practice, please see the link and the video below 

Bulbous tip and bifidity

You have a large tip which is bulbous and lacks definition and also have a central line because of mild separation of cartilages in the midline causing bifidity. A tip-plasty will improve this appearance significantly. Also your chin is small and is the main cause of your profile issues. A chin implant will correct it.
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for rhinoplasty

It looks like you would benefit from a rhinoplasty. You have a bulbous or widened nasal tip that is contributing to overall size of your nose. Creating a more refined nasal tip will narrow the nose and decrease the size. Additionally, you have a small dorsal hump on your side profile which can be shaved down to give you a smooth nasal profile. Your chin is slightly weak and placing a small implant will likely improve the overall symmetry and harmony of your face.  

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

You certainly could have improvement of your nose with tip work and possibly lowering your profile. Your chin does appear a  bit weak.  That might benefit from chin augmentation.

Rhinoplasty questions

From your photos, it appears that you could benefit from a rhinoplasty to improve the profile as well as the bulbous tip.  These are all standard rhinoplasty techniques.  Your chin may benefit from augmentation as well.  I would wait until you are 18 to pursue, because most surgeons will require that.

Good luck!

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Achieving a better looking nose

Rhinoplasty surgery is used to change the external appearance of the nose, thus improving form and function. Removing a dorsal hump and refining the nasal tip is very possible. You may also have a deviated septum that need to be addressed. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon