I had a consultation today for lipo but was told that I would benefit from a mommy makeover? (Photos)

I had a consulation today for lipo but was told that I would benefit from a mommy makeover. I have lost 160 lbs. Problem is I need in house financing. I know that my medical insurance will pay for some the the procedure. I am willing to travel. I live in the Dallas area. Please help and thank you!!!!

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss! From your photos it does appear that you would be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover. (Tummy tuck, breast implants and liposuction to bra line, waist and posterior hips) In regards to financing check with your local credit unions or Care Credit. 

Best of luck to you!

Tummy tuck often needed after massive weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss, 160 lbs, wow! That is impressive.

With massive weight loss, the issue that is often being dealt with is excess skin and in liposuction, the skin is a passive participant. It may shrink some after the fat is removed, but in your case - when the fat has already been removed by your weight loss - we are left with excess skin, and that is best removed with a tummy tuck. However you get the procedure done, you should be quite happy with it. I find with massive weight loss patients that the tummy tuck finally syncs up the goodness with what patients see on the scale with what they see in the mirror, which makes for a fantastic global improvement.

A mommy makeover with breast lift + augmentation can restore your beautiful figure!

Hello!

Congratulations on your impressive weight loss!  No doubt it takes discipline and consistent hard work, so you're an inspiration to many people, I'm sure!  No doubt that liposuction alone would not be the procedure of choice, and you do appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover. With massive weight loss, typically breast lift and augmentation are both warranted because the breasts deflate (85% of the breast tissue is fat). If you're not a fan of silicone implants then transplanting your abdominal tissue to your breasts can give you beautiful, 100% natural results. I term this the "DIEP Flap Aug" (see my web link) and only a handful of plastic surgeons in the world offer this advanced procedure for cosmetic body contouring. 

Financing is important and should be through a vetted service such as CareCredit. Interest-free options are available and it's an excellent service we offer our patients to make surgery more affordable. 

All the best in your search!

Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

I had a consultation today for lipo but was told that I would benefit from a mommy makeover?

Congratulations on the weight loss. Although there are some areas to be addressed, you look great. I do not see any role for liposuction in your treatment plan. I agree that a tummy tuck is a better procedure to achieve the results you are looking for.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss!  Based on your photos, you would benefit from a tummy tuck instead of liposuction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss!!  It appears you are a great candidate for the mommy makeover.  You will most likely be happier with the results of the tummy tuck versus liposuction alone.  Financing will vary by surgeon.  Some surgeons may accept a payment plan as long as it's paid in full by the surgery date.  Other options include specific financing companies that can help with medical procedures. Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Financing mommy makeover surgery.

Whereas liposuction might play a role in your particular treatment a mommy makeover including an abdominoplasty in some breast surgeries probably indicated. Monthly payments can be made usually with a credit company underwriting the loan. If paid off within six months there may be no interest accrued

Liposuction or mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Wow - congratulations on losing 160 pounds! Now tell the world how you did it and still look so good.
  • With so much weight loss, you are very likely to need a tummy tuck.
  • You probably have a lot of loose skin and liposuction will only make it looser.
  • This is true even though you do not have the hanging folds of skin we usually see after so much weight loss.
  • Most plastic surgeons offer various financing options -
  • Being from Dallas, there is no need to travel for surgery.
  • If you want a second opinion or didn't care for the surgeon you saw, look for others in your area.
  • Major surgery almost always goes much better when you don't travel out of town.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Would you benefit from a MM?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss. What an accomplishment!  An examination would be helpful to answer your question.  Based on your weight loss history and photos, a tummy tuck would give you the best result.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.