What exactly is a "good candidate" for fat transfer?

I've been looking into fat transfer/Brazilian butt lift for about a year now and I'm still not so sure. I'm having trouble finding someone in my area that I feel 100% confident in. I'm wanting to get fat removed from my stomach, back, and maybe even arms. Then moved into the buttock area. I was thinking breast as well- but that's still not recommended, right? Generally I just want to know if I'd be a good candidate, and if there's any advice or input. Thank you!

Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question.  A candidate for a Brazilian butt lift is one who is most importantly healthy enough to undergo the procedure.  One's expectations must be realistic as well.  Understanding that a limitation of the procedure is the amount of fat that one has on her body, you may not have enough fat to reach your goal.  Nonetheless, be sure that you continue your search for the right board-certified plastic surgeon, keeping in mind that you must have realistic goals.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Fat grafting

I do a lot of fat grating, mostly to the buttock. A good candidate is healthy, has enough fat to be harvested, and that fat is where the patient wants to be thinner, and a buttock with some looseness of skin that can be filled out with the fat. Most patients meet these without any problem or they would not be in to see me anyway. I occasionally see someone with a small buttock but no fat to be harvested, so we cannot do them. Keep looking in your area and hopefully you can find someone to do your surgery for you. Good luck.

Good candidate for fat injection

A good candidate for fat injection is someone with a reasonable amount of donor sites and in good health. There are other factors as well, but one would have to be seen in person.

Who is a good candidate for fat transfer "Brazilian Butt Lift"?

A "good" candidate for fat transfer to body areas is not obese but has enough fat in easily harvested areas, such as the love handles and lateral thighs, to make a noticeable difference. To really find out if the degree of improvement you would get you need to be examined by a surgeon experienced in fat transfer.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

With the BBL, your surgeon will take fat from your body, in most cases your abdomen, and transfer it to areas of your butt, working to create the perfect structure and contour.

Remember, only consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the BBL and body contouring. And don't be afraid to request before-and-after pictures. Every surgeon has a different style, so you want to be sure your vision is reflected in the work they have done.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta