I feel that my chin implant is slightly too big. I wanted more of a V line. Any suggestions? (photos)

Will I have to downsize or reshape the chin implant

You appear to have a nice improvement after chin implant surgery.

Your chin implant surgery after-photos appear to reveal an attractive and natural appearance. Based on your photos, you may consider keeping what you have. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feel that my chin implant is slightly too big. I wanted more of a V line. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is still quite weak despite having a chin implant placed.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for removal and replacement of a chin implant that provides the proper amount of forward projection to harmonize and balance the lower face.

Hope this helps.