Do I really need a lift? Lost weight & it's been two years. I also want implants but just enough to look natural? (Photos)

32-34C currently. Lost over 70 pounds. I want to look natural. Can I get a natural fill with saline implants only? would gel be more natural looking and feeling? Just looking for professional advice. Thanks!

Breast lift vs implants

The need for a breast lift in addition to breast implants would depend on your goals. If your goals are simply to increase your breast volume and cup size then implants alone will suffice. Based on your photos, silicone implants would probably provide a result superior to saline but to truly answer this question would require a formal consultation and evaluation of your tissues.  Implants do not pull the bottom of the breasts upward, so implants alone do not substantially correct sagging of breasts. If this is something you desire then the lift would also be recommended. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with silicone implants #plasticsurgery

An in-person exam is important, but based on your photos, a full breast lift with a reasonably sized silicone breast implant in the submuscular position would be my recommendation.

Breast aumentation

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos and stated goals, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implants to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and concerns, then work together to build a surgical plan that best helps you achieve the look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

If you want a rejuvenated look

with perky nipples and more upper pole fullness, a lift is mandatory.  If you could do fine with just a larger version of what you have, then you can get by without implants.  If you choose the latter, do not let your surgeon lower your fold as your upper chest is pretty long as it is.  This way, you can always have a lift later if you feel its necessary.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I really need a lift? Lost weight & it's been two years. I also want implants but just enough to look natural

an implant alone will not give you any lift, you will just end up bigger and still just as saggy

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation - Need a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like a lift will be required in addition to placement of breast implants. I do not think you will achieve a satisfactory result with either augmentation or a lift alone. It is best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Ask to see a lot of before and after photos of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!

Augmentation Mastopexy

You would not look either natural or normal with out a breast lift in addition to implants. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift.

Hi and thank you for your question. I think it's unlikely you will be happy with the outcome if you choose not to have a lift. One of the most important components of breast aesthetics is well positioned nipples. Yours will look too low without a lift. And your breast tissue will hang down off the bottom of the implants. Not a pretty look. The price you pay in scars is always worth improvement in breast shape. make sure you see some well-known Plastic Surgeons in your area for consultations before you make your decision. Good luck. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I really need a lift? Lost weight & it's been two years. I also want implants but just enough to look natural?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss. If you're considering a breast augmentation, then you will need a lift also. There is enough sagging of your breasts, that an implant alone will not treat the sagging tissues. I prefer silicone implants as they have a more natural feel and less rippling. I think the biggest factor for obtaining a natural look depends on size of the implant. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. I would go on several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons, so that you can hear about our options for a breast augmentation and lifting surgery. 

Breast Surgery

Breast implants sit above the breast fold and from your photos it seems a lot of your breast volume including the nipples lies below the fold. So implants alone will give you upper fullness but the breast tissue will be lower. That is not a look you would like. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD