When getting a tummy tuck, would it make recovery easier if I chose a recovery house with hospital beds?

I am having a tummy tuck soon. I need to know what will make my recovery as easy as possible. Will it be more comfortable if I chose a recovery house that has hospital beds are does it really make a difference? Because of my previous back surgeries I want to be as comfortable as possible. Thank you, in advance!

Home vs hospital after tummy tuck

Unfortunately all surgeries involve some discomfort. However minimizing this discomfort and helping you to be up and around is important. I have found that most of my patients prefer to be at home resting in a recliner or similar position. Though hospitals are necessary for many reasons, patients do have an increased risk of infection by staying in the hospital. In addition, patients are often woken multiple times per night to obtain vital signs, etc. The nurses and staff are only doing their jobs and trying to help but they may inadvertently only result in disrupting your sleep.  I hope this helps in your decision-making process and good luck with your surgery.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

This is a very personalized recovery question-that is best discussed in detail with your Operating Surgeon. He/she is the person personally responsible for your post-op care plan.

Many patients feel most comfortable sitting or sleeping on a recliner or bed after tummy tuck surgery. In my experience, most patients are most comfortable at home (as long as they have enough help available to them). The use of pillows beneath the knees and back will be helpful. You want to stay flexed/bent at the waist to take attention off the lower abdominal wall incision line.