I've been told that I have Poland syndrome in my left breast. What is the best way to still get a breast augmentation?

My left breast is around 75cc smaller then the right. I've been told its a very mild case of Poland syndrome and that I can still get implants. Not sure what to do next any information I can get would make me feel more at ease.

Poland syndrome

Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. You will need different size implants and possibly some fat grafting. Best of luck -- Dr. Nazarian

Poland syndrome

Thank You for your Question.

You probably have a variant of Poland's if your shoulder pectoralis muscle are normal. Different size implants and maybe some fat grafts.

Best of luck of your future cosmetic

Poland's Syndrome

It is certainly possible to perform breast augmentation in patients with Poland's syndrome.  You do not mention whether you have the pectoralis muscle on the affected side.  This will impact the appearance of the final result.  Different size implants can likely address the volume difference or, possibly, a small volume of tissue removed from the larger breast.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to get a more informed recommendation.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Poland syndrome in my left breast

Thank you for your question.  Since it is a mild case, then different size implants is the best option.  Another option might be same size implants with fat grafting on the smaller size.  This may be a better option if you don't have a pectoralis muscle on that side.My only caveat would be to make sure the Surgeon you go to has experience with Poland's Syndrome.  Do you know if the pectoralis muscle is present on that side?  It's something your surgeon will want to know.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Poland syndrome

If you just have a mild case where the breast volume is less, then often different sized implants can often accomplish your goals.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Poland's syndrome

Is your muscle normal? Are your thumbs normal? Do you truly have this syndrome or just asymmetric breasts? In any event, Implants can improve your balance and size. The details of the implants depend on the details of your case.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast asymmetry

Of course, I have not seen you and photos would help to answer this question. In general, sure- you have every reason to look forward to an improved situation with implants. See some cases attached that are likely much more severe than yours. see the last page of images
Go forward with confidence.
Good luck

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Poland Syndrome

Patients with mild cases of Poland Syndrome are great candidates for breast augmentation.   Depending on the degree of involvement of the pectoralis muscle, complete symmetry may not be possible.   However, breast implants can make a tremendous improvement with the size discrepancy.   

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Poland syndrome

All breasts are different left to right, some more so than others. Poland syndrome can vary from mild differences to more advanced including pectoral is muscle differences.

If there is only mild asymmetry, different sized implants may give the results you want. A lift and/or reduction with implants may be indicated for more symmetry. 

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your particular case, options, and expectations.

Same as other techniques in augmentation but I might add fat grafting to even out the volumes. Best to seek experts in Polands Syndrome....