Is it a more difficult process to have a tummy tuck after having previous liposuction?

I had liposuction about 18 months ago. I developed a hematoma that never got drained that form a capsule. I'm almost sure I have a lot of scar tissue. My stomach looks deformed and I still swell almost daily. I hate how my stomach looks and I am curious to know if a tummy tuck will give me a smooth flat stomach and correct the deformities?

In your presented case you had lipo, hematoma untreated, scar fibrosis - YES your TT will be harder than a non complicated one!

Tummy tuck after liposuction

A tummy tuck after liposuction helps remove the extra loose skin that liposuction does not address. It may take a little longer to perform and there will be more drainage because of scar tissue and adhesions from the previous liposuction. Overall it is not more dangerous or more difficult to perform. Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this surgery. Deformities can not always be corrected, but may be improved.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Revision Surgery

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately re/ what you are a candidate for. Abdominoplasty is a complex operation that is designed to remove the excess skin and fat as well as tighten the muscle. Revision surgeries are even more challenging that's why your Surgeon has to be Board Certified PS with extensive experience in revision surgery.