Size 34G, 33 years old wanting a reduction.

Hello, I am deciding to have a breast reduction or not to. I am terrified at how big I am now, I have not gone through with the surgery because I have not had kids yet. part of me is so scared that my breast will be soo big during and after pregnancy, and I think this is what is stopping me from having kids. as bad as that sounds. Has anyone regretted not getting the surgery prior to a pregnancy?

Find the right surgeon for a BR

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Reduction Surgery

Most women after having had a breast reduction tell me they "wished they had done it sooner".  With that said, I think the only reason to wait until after childbearing is if you have your heart set on breast feeding.  You may not be able to breast feed after a reduction.  Many women can breast feed after breast reduction, but you won't know until you try.  You have to have nipple sensation to be able to breast feed and you may lose that with surgery. I've looked at my patients and about 25% will lose sensation in one or both breasts.  Your breasts will fluctuate with pregnancy, but should never get back to the same size they were before surgery. It is extremely rare to need the surgery twice in your lifetime.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction before having kids

Breast reduction patients are among the happiest patients. Your daily life improves after a reduction. If you are considering having children in the next couple of years, then may want to wait until you are done having children. However, if your plans are for a few years from now, then I would consider having the surgery to have immediate relief. I recommend having a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Scarless breast reduction

here's a great compromise option. Especially before childbearing age. Look into the Scarless or liposuction only procedure. It's not right for everyone but it could be just the answer in your situation. Make sure you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon that does this operation regularly. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

It is a personal choice to decide if you want a breast reduction. You should go for consultation to see what your options are.

In over 30 years of practice any many hundreds of breast reduction patients I have yet to see a single patient who regretted the surgery. The only "regret" I ever hear is from older patients regretting they waited so long to get the procedure done. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Reduction

Thank you for the question and if the size of your breasts is bothering you then get a reduction but also accept the fact that pregnancy in the future may change your result.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

When to do reduction.

This question often comes up. If you plant to breast feed then the usual advice is to wait until after pregnancy. This needs to be balanced against how much your large breasts interfere with your lifestyle. If you are overweight we suggest weight reduction prior to the surgery since loss of fatty tissue can affect the size of your breasts. 

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. You will find that there is no right answer to this question; I will discuss some of the pros/cons associated with breast reduction surgery before or after pregnancy below.

Generally speaking, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form theiractivities of daily living and exercise. Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure). 

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing pregnancies before undergoing breast reduction surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes.

On the other hand, it can be argued that,  patients with breast hypertrophy benefit from breast reduction surgery prior to pregnancy ( to prevent the symptoms that may occur as the breasts grow even larger during and after pregnancy/breast-feeding).  However, in the interests of avoiding additional surgery,  I feel that it is in most patients best interest,  to wait until pregnancies have been completed and a long-term stable weight has been reestablished. I hope this helps.