Should I have a lift after already having augmentation? (photos)

I had 470 cc implants put in May 31 and now that they have settled a bit, I'm wondering if we should have don't a lift as well? Do my breasts seem too far apart?

Should I have a lift after already having augmentation?

You appear to have an excellent result from your augmentation. Your breasts are full and quite symmetrical. A breast lift would add scars and expense. Moreover, given the size of your implants, they would almost certainly settle after a lift, and I'm not certain they would sit much higher than they do now. Secondly, as I always explain to patients, the cleavage you end up with after surgery depends on what you start with. While the surgeon always strives to create the best possible cleavage, the result depends on how the patient is made.  I recommend you visit a specialty lingerie shop and invest in professionally-fitted bras, both to support your implants and to give you the extra upper fullness you might be looking for. 

Should I Have a Lift After Already Having Augmentation?

Thank you for including photos with your question. A breast lift is okay when you already have implants. When consulting with your board-certified surgeon, discuss that you would like them to be raised more together. They are not abnormally far apart, but in the right direction, they can restore the distance of them to something you would prefer. Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Norman H. Rappaport, MD

Lift = Scars. Problem is excess lower and deeper breast pocket.

It is nearly impossible to perform a lift without adding additional scars.  The problem is that any significantly large implant will also increase the risk of long term scarring. To achieve a "perky breast" it would be best to reduce the size of the implant and the overall skin envelope. By a classical definition of ptosis (sagging) your nipple appears to be above the level of the breast crease which means you are not sagging. However, I do understand your concerns with a low lying breast. This is likely due to the prolonged distance and extra skin from your nipple to your crease. This essentially creates a deep pocket of skin into which your breast implant has settled. This would have to be reduced in order to elevate the implant and achieve greater upper breast fullness. Think about a baseball in a deep cargo pants pocket. The ball settles far down into the pocket. You would have to sew the pocket closed in order to make the ball rise and sit higher in the pocket. Make sense?

Breast lift after implants

This is a difficult question to answer as it involves many factors. The main question is scar vs shape with breast lift surgery. The size of your implant is also important. The larger the implant the further the breast sags. I would recommend discussing with your surgeon in person to review the pros and cons of breast lift surgery along with your desired outcome. 

Should I have a lift after breast augmentation 2 months ago after they have settled?

Thank you for your great questions and photos. Unfortunately, I have more questions than definitive answers. What did your breasts look like before breast augmentation? What breast look were you and your doctor trying to achieve? Did you start out with Nipple areolar size and position asymmetry? Remember everyone has some degree of breast and nipple areola asymmetry. What happens when you flex your pectoralis muscle? Does that dynamic action push the implants down and out? Are your implants round? Are they smooth or textured? Are they filled with saline or silicone? What amount of cleavage were you looking to have?  I strongly recommend reviewing all of these questions with your Plastic Surgeon so that together you can come up with a plan to meet your goals. Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Should I have a lift after already having augmentation

Whether or not to have a lift is totally dependent on your desires. If you feel the new larger breasts are lower on your rib cage than you would like, then abreast lift is the only solution. I think for the size breasts you have now, the space between your breasts is what you should expect and is normal

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift would help

Hard to tell if you needed lift from the start but certainly your nipples and breast are too low comparing to ideal now. I use vertical approach with a lolipop scar in this situation although you do get scars shape is generally more important for the youthful sexy look check out the link for revisions below

Should I have a lift

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures.  Without looking at a before picture it i hard for me to advise if you needed a lift from the start of this process.  In terms of the present, I do no think it is unreasonable to entertain a lift. Please get a few opinions and best of luck.  

Should I have a lift.

The answer as to the need for a lift depends on how you like the result you currently have after breast augmentation alone. If you like the way you look a lift is not necessary. Breast lift does involve breast scars which may not be worth the trade off so investigate carefully.

Lift

If you are not happy with the skin laxity or size of the areolas then a lift would be appropriate. The scars are unpredictable and are the trade off. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS