Asymmetry & Major Weight Loss - What is the best option to correct asymmetry AND loss of volume ? (photos)

I am a 26 y.o. who has had asymmetrical breasts my entire life. I lost 120 pounds 6+ years ago, causing my breasts to look "deflated". I am unsure as to what would be the best way to correct the asymmetry & lose of volume - implants alone? lift + implants? Is there one type of implant that is better than others for my situation? I am a young professional, so I desire natural-looking breasts that are proportional to my body (D cup at most). 130 lbs, 5'5" tall, no children.

Asymmetry & Major Weight Loss - What is the best option to correct asymmetry AND loss of volume ?

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your weight loss! Depending on your desired appearance, the best enhancement would be obtained through placement of both implants and a lift in the same operation. The implant will help restore your lost breast volume, while the lift will help position your natural breast tissue over the new implant, while also removing excess skin and elevating your nipple and areola into a more youthful position. The lift can also help improve natural volume asymmetries or asymmetrically sized implants can be used.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Asymmetry & Major Weight Loss - What is the best option to correct asymmetry AND loss of breast volume ?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss.  A combination of a lift of the lower breast and bilateral breast implants is most likely her best option.  To read more about correction of breast asymmetry please read the following link:

Regaining Fullness in Breasts

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss transformation! Based on your desired look for natural fullness, combining a breast augmentation with breast lift will help correct your volume loss and asymmetry. Combining a breast augmentation and breast lift together is recommended for more youthful, perky breasts with a fuller shape. It is often helpful to provide your board certified plastic surgeon with an example of what you are seeking for during your consultation to ensure a tailored recommendation.

Jay Burns, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss!
You will need to make both surgeries: a breast augmentation and breast lift. So it can have good shape and correct the asymmetry you have between both breasts. The type of implant to be used is determined by the measurements that are made in the chest, but usually a high profile implant coverage that can be texturized is used in this type of surgery. But you will need both mandatory surgeries to correct the problem on your chest, the breast augmentation and the breast lift. And the cup is determined based on the measurements between your chest, your waist and your hips. That's how we determine which cup is best and that in this case it could be a D cup.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

I would consider small implants and a lift on one side. However, an in-person evaluation would be best. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. You may require breast implants with or without a lift depending on your measurements and tissues. Asymmetry can be corrected through a breast lift procedure or two different sizes of implant. The best way to know which plan is right for you is to meet with your Plastic Surgeon in person for consultation. they will discuss your goals with you, measure you and recommend sizes. My patients find it helpful to try the implant sizers on in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area.

All the best

Correcting asymmetry with breast implants of different sizes

Congratulations on your weight loss. Two different size breast implants, placed under the pectoral muscle, may correct your asymmetry and provide the natural result you are looking for. To see results of before and after photos of women similar to you, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry and weight loss

I would recommend a lift to correct the asymmetry and an augmentation to restore volume just as you suggested.  I recently did that for another person in the same situation as you- young, history of significant weight loss, no children and she was extremely happy with her results.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Lifting+Correction+Implants

I checked your photos and recommend following procedures concerning your request :
You have a BREAST PTOSIS, NAC and IMF (inframammarial fold) asymetry. And you do not have enough breast tissue.
My oppinion is lifting your right breast ,a correction on your left breast will be done and  prothesis will be used symmetrically under the muscle of your breast.
B cup will look more natural than D cup.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon