I'm 45 year old male wanting to get breast implants & become transgender. Was wondering how much the transformation will cost?

Thank you for your question! Price depends on implants, doctors, area.  Just make sure you seek a board certified plastic surgeon.  Most breast augmentations can range from 5500.00$ to 8500.00$  Best of luckDr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak  Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Implants for transgender

will vary from region to region and from implant type to where the procedure is done.  A basic gel augmentation in my town runs around $6500, all inclusive.  BUT revision may be needed and some doctors will want to stage your procedures which would increase costs.  Finally, when you mention transformation, is this all you want or are you going all the way?  I believe there are surgeons in Pueblo, CO that specialize in this journey and they could provide you a better idea of what the total costs may be.

Curtis Wong, MD

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more. Best wishes.

Transgender breast implants

For the cost, google the cost in your area. 
It may be higher or lower than other areas.

As a man, depending on your muscle, your goals and your skin looseness, you may need an expander to stretch your tissues before an implant is placed - making this a two-stage operation and more expensive.

If you plan a complete transgender change, with removal of genitalia and creation of a vagina, you should consult someone specializing in these operations before doing anything. This may save you money.

If you must want to change your breast appearance, start by seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for an evaluation. If this surgeon is not right for you, continue your consultations to find the right one for you. Best wishes.