Are my breasts tuberous and how much would it cost to get them fixed and get it a little bigger? (Photos)

Tuberous breasts

You have slight tuberosity and would benefit from implants and if necessary an areola control suture. You also have asymmetry which m ay require different size implants.

Breast augmentation, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
 I recommend you Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants".
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Are my breasts tuberous and how much would it cost to get them fixed and get it a little bigger?

Thank you for your question.  Fortunately you do not have tuberous breast.  You do have micromastia or small breast on the left side.  An examination and purses necessary for proper evaluation.  However based on your photo breast augmentation with a larger breast implant on the smaller side may provide a satisfactory result.  For more information on asymmetry please read the link below:

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It does not appear to me that you have tuberous breast deformity, your breats are simply small in size and have some asymmetry. You do look like a good candidate for a breast augmentation to increase the size and volume of your breasts and make them more symmetrical. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to have characteristics of Constricted Breasts.  Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:

•          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)

Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tuberous

Your breasts appear to be more constructed and tight rather than a true tuberous deformity. Implants and some release of the deeper scar tissue can help get a nice shape 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Probably not.

Thank you for your question. Your breasts are relatively small, and you also have some asymmetry. It is best to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss all of your options. Be certain that you feel confident with your plastic surgeon and that your sense of aesthetics aligns with those of your plastic surgeon. 

Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Semantics can sometimes be more confusing than helpful; do not be surprised if you receive different opinions here.

I think your breast photos do demonstrate some characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width (and “puffiness”?).

You will benefit from an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This consultation will allow for accurate advice that is best provided after a thorough history, physical examination, and detailed discussion of your goals. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, insurance company involvement (if any)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.

Small breasts vs tuberous breasts

Great question.  I don't think you have tuberous breast deformity but rather naturally small breasts.  A breast augmentation with implants or fat transfer will allow you to increase breast volume and even out some of the size asymmetry.   I would search for board certified plastic surgeons in your community whose before and after photos you like.

Good luck with your breast enhancement journey.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD