Would just uncovering the tooth be enough or would I need more?

I went to the dentist and he told me I had an impacted 12 year molar. The dentist then referred me to an Ortodontist. The orthodontist said he would have all four of my Wisdom teeth pulled because the 12 year Molar was " best friends" with one of my wisdom teeth. He also said he would uncover the tooth and wait a year to see if it comes down. Is it possible to do this without the gold chain and the archwire?

12 year molar eruption

It is possible that the position of the unerupted wisdom teeth may be interfering with the eruption of the 12 year molars.  The recommendations of your dentist and orthodontist are typical for this situation.  Extraction of the third molars and the uncovering of the 12 year molar may create the necessary space and environment for the 12 year molar to erupt on its own.  If the tooth does not erupt, then the recommendation of a chain and archwire may be necessary.

I hope this information helps.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr. C

Doylestown Orthodontist