Loose under eye skin. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 26 and I have loose skin under my eyes. I've tried creams, drinking copious amounts of water/staying hydrated, but yet it still persist. What could I do? What type of practice should I schedule a consultation with ?

Treatment for loose skin under the eyes

Thank you for sharing your question. There are several treatment options (PRP WITH MICRONEEDING, LASER SKIN RESURFACING, SKIN PINCH SURGERY, INJECTION OF FILLERS), but proper evaluation should be performed in person  by an Oculoplastic Surgeon who can guide you with the best treatment option.  Good luck,

Loose under eye skin

You would most likely benefit from a laser treatment. Fractionated CO2 or possibly Halo (less downtime) can be performed to help improve the quality of the skin. I doubt you have enough excess skin to warrant a skin pinch excision surgery. See someone with significant experience with both the surgical and laser options so you can get an honest answer about the best way to treat your particular anatomy.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting loose wrinkly skin of the Lower Lid

Millions of women have the thin, wrinkly lower lid skin you are referring to.   The correction can be done in one of two ways: a " Skin Pinch" Blepharoplasty operation with a hard to see scar under the lashes or ProFractional Laser shrinking of the skin which will find in the office under local anesthesia. The choice of which one may be best for you should be discussed with your Plastic surgeon. Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Lax skin at 26

Good question.You do have some "crepe paper" skin on your lower lids.I would not perform surgery on this( I am a surgeon), rather a moderate depth scanned CO2 laser peel limited to the lower lid will give you a nice result for many years.Good luck. Go to someone with experience. It should be in office with local anesthesia.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Thinnest skin in the body

I have alot of patients who ask this question and its not an easy problem to fix. Your upper lids followed by your lower lids are the thinnest skin on the body. Unfortunately, when you smile you bring your cheeks closer to your lower lids and that excess skin needs to concertina up somewhere, the obvious place being the thinnest skin where the creases form most easily. There lies the problem. Botox can shorten your smile very slightly so that you dont crease as much but obviously, you wont smile as freely. There is a product called instantly ageless which I offer to my young patients who ask about this. It helps contract the lower lid contour for a few hours but is very cost effective, (maybe £2.50 an application) and it works well for young lids. Surgery is certainly not a good idea as this phenomenon is normal. Sadly, people who have their crows feet botoxed tend to notice their lower lid lines as all their other eye lines have been smoothed away.