Will my breasts improve enough after explant? (photos)

I had my saline breast implants removed yesterday. Before BA, I was a 34C/D. I had the implants for 3 years. There is a lot of sag & all of the volume is at the bottom. From what I've read, I will see improvement over time, but in all reality, should I expect to have a lift done?

I doubt you will see much change over the next several weeks, and may want to consider a lift or even a fat transfer. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing your options.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You have the typical appearance of a patient that had their implants removed. Once you have healed, you might want to consider a breast lift.

Shape after explant

Thanks for the question and the photo. I'm not sure the reason for removing the implants. Looking at the nipple position as it relates to the crease of the breast, I don't think a lift is the right answer. My concern is that you would end up with nipples pointing at the sky (star gazing nipples). If you are content with your size then I would not do anything. You might have some favorable changes over the next few months, but they will be slight. If you are having 2nd thoughts about removing the implants, I would consider a smaller silicone gel implant to re-establish some of the upper pole volume in particular that you've lost. Fat grafting is also an option, but it doesn't look like you have much fat to donate. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD