After my love liposuction of tummy and the thighs. After that I had problems focusing while walking. What causes this issue?

My doctor and his nurses would help me regain my forward focus easily by remembering a few things. Wearing compression garment a must, the longer the better . Another help was really beneficial but sounds crazy I know, but worked. Look straight ahead and step out left or right or forward and back until I could hear a click in my ear. I could walk without dizziness, and would be in focus again. What causes this sensation, and is there a name for it. I know it sounds unusual.

Dizziness after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Thank you also for your feed back about your recovery.
  • Your description of your dizziness strongly suggests it was related to partial blockage of your Eusatacian (ear tube), related to your anesthesia.
  • Super-wide opening of the mouth would also produce the 'click' of Eustacian tube release.
  • If this dizziness had not gone away within 4 weeks of surgery, I suggest you see an ENT specialist.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Swelling/Seroma -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Post liposuction its normal to be dizzy and have symptoms but this shouldn't go on for too long.  I suggest you see an expert for evaluation and start your postoperative care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

After liposuction of tummy and thighs I had problems focusing while walking?

Thank you for sharing your question and experience.  If your symptoms developed immediately after surgery they were likely related to the anesthesia used.  If they developed days to weeks after surgery these would be uncommon and should be evaluated by a neurologist.  Best wishes.