Does this look typical for three weeks post-op? (Photo)

August 26 I will be 3 weeks post-op. Saw my surgeon 2 days ago. He says everything is fine, it will heal and I will look fine. But I see a mess. There is no infection. I cannot imagine how these are going to heal and look nice. In my opinion I think he needs to redo the undersides of the nipples and my left breast. Am I wrong ? Does this look like normal, healthy healing that is going to leave me looking okay? Thank you

Open wounds

You have some delayed healing of the breast and they will likely heal with a few weeks of local wound care.  If they do not settle over time, perhaps a scar revision might be necessary. Best of luck.

Am I healing OK?

Thank you for your question and photos.  No online reviewer can diagnose or make treatment recommendations without a complete medical history and examination.  From the photographs one can see some wound healing issues.  These need to managed by your surgeon and once healed then an assessment as to whether any revision may be needed can be addressed.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon