Will swelling go significantly down to look better/smaller than old Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had a tip revision and alar base reduction to reduce over projection of my nose from my previous rhinoplasty. I'm concerned it is not going to look that much better and am a little concerned I should look for a new surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty

At one week out you are way to early in the healing process. You have to give it a year or more for all the swelling to subside.

Thank you for posting your question. After a procedure, your body needs months to readjust and reshape itself. Be patient and follow up closely with your physician to address any concern or discomfort. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will swelling go significantly down to look better/smaller than old Rhinoplasty?

You need to wait at least a year following revision surgeon to determine the outcome.  Follow up with your surgeon so that he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It depends on how far along you are in your recovery period. It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon