Should I do a 3rd revision rhinoplasty? Original surgery 10 years ago. (Photo)

Seven years later, I went back and told him I was not happy. He said because I was older and had lost volume in my face, my nose was too big for it, but s he could do something. I had the surgery, and a year later, (after k40?) injections, was told it did not heal correctly, and I needed to have another revision. another year of injections, this is what I look like. So, he wants to do another revision, and will need to take some of my rib for cartilage. Are there any other alternatives?

Revision rhinoplasty

Ii would consult with other surgeons before doing another revision with the same doctor.. A rib grafts is serious business.
There is not enough to see in your pictures to warrant a rib graft.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Get a second opinion before 3rd revision rhinoplasty

The best thing to do is to consult another experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist in person. Look for a facial plastic surgeon who has a strong aesthetic sense and the talent and experience to refine the nose as needed. Ask for before and after photos of previous patients. A third opinion is also a good idea. Keep in mind that revision rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging of all cosmetic surgeries, and each time a rhinoplasty is done, it becomes increasingly complex. There are many factors involved, so your nose may not turn out exactly the way you want the third time either.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Third revision rhinoplasty

A tertiary revision rhinoplasty is one of the hardest procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose  your surgeon very wisely raised on experience. In our practice, we use nasal cartilage as the primary source for grafting purposes and if there is a cartilage depleted nose, we use ear cartilage.