Post op swelling of liposuction on inner & outer thighs? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Thank you for your question. Swelling after liposuction, especially just 3 days after surgery is to be expected. However for at lease the first week it would be a good idea to get some help caring for your children since you are recovering. As for the irreversible damage you will need to ask what your surgeon means by that. If you are concerned it is best to see your surgeon in person to be evaluated. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.
Swelling is common after liposuction and a compression garment can help. Low sodium diets can also help but in the early period adequate hydration is important.
You might also like...
Liposuction - swelling from doing too much
- Liposuction causes a lot of swelling -
- Going back in 48 hours to full time house work and child care will make your swelling much worse.
- Only your surgeon can tell you what s/he means by 'irreversible' damage -
- It suggests concern that the swelling will stretch your skin and make it permanently loose.
- You have to either get someone to help you with your children - or accept the swelling and what it may do to your skin.
- You may benefit from a snugger compression garment, one that goes below the knees and/or compression stockings -
- Please discuss this with your surgeon.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.