Liposuction Candidate? (Photos)

I would just love some advice about if I am a good candidate for lipo. I am 23 years old with a 6 year old. And losing the extra stomach weight had been a task! I don't want a tummy tuck as I intend to have more children one day. I'd just love honest opinions about if lipo will give me good results! Thank you!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- Female Liposuction

With the amount of loose skin you have and stretch marks, you really need a combination of liposuction and skin removal.  I suggest you see a vaser contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tummy Tuck

Hi Thank you for your question. It is best to wait until you have your another baby before having liposuction and tummy tuck.

Liposuction is to get rid of excess fats while tummy tuck is to remove the excess skin. 

Hope this helps!

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate?

At your age and with future plans for additional pregnancy you would be well advised to consider liposuction.  However, recognize that the fat pad layer immediately beneath your skin will be permanently thinned however your loose skin will remain present.  Liposuction only provides minimal skin tightening especially when compared to a tummy tuck.  You can learn more from the video that I have linked above.

My best advice is to meet face-to-face with a board-certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and to formulate a plan.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and your photos. I would suggest having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a better examination for your desired goals. From your photos I think a tummy tuck would give you the results you want. However as you have said it is best to wait until you are done having kids to have a tummy tuck performed and it can be combined with liposuction. Liposuction alone for the meantime will get rid of some of the fullness but it will not address the loose skin. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz 

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and pictures. After looking at your pictures I believe you would get the best results possible from a combined tummy tuck and liposuction. But since you want to have more kids, it is generally best to wait to have the tummy tuck until you are done having children. You could undergo liposuction to the flanks, back and possibly the upper abdomen, but I most likely would not recommend liposuction to your lower abdomen, as you already have stretch marks and loose skin. A tummy tuck is what will address that loose skin. Ultimately, at this point if you are still interested in learning more about what exactly to expect from liposuction, you should schedule an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can be examined in person and learn more about your potential results and options. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are a great candidate for a full Tummy Tuck and the lipo in all areas needed. If you do not want to do a TT then you can also do  liposuction only. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction - Need A Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Liposuction - since planning more children?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• It is possible that you will get improvement with liposuction even though your skin is loose.
  • But in this situation, one absolutely cannot tell from a photo - an examination is needed.
  • Liposuction will remove tissue that is supporting the skin so the skin is likely to be looser.
  • For women like you, it is often possible to remove the lower abdomen fold of skin directly, leaving a small scar where your future tummy tuck will be, if the skin loosens after liposuction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy Rejuvenation Options

Your best option is a tummy tuck but I understand your plan. Therefore the next option would be precision fine detailed liposuction using micro cannulas and meticulous technique.  Your flanks, love handles, and lower back can be aggressively slimmed while the front of your abdomen should be approached in a less aggressive fashion due to skin laxity limitations. I would follow up the liposculpting with frequent energy based skin and soft tissue tightening such as the Venus Legacy Radiofrequency device.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposuction vs tummy tuck...need a consult to tell

• It is hard to say for sure without examining someone whether the skin would contract enough with liposuction alone.  It is possible that you look great but you may have a little extra skin that only an excision would correct.  
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville who cares for patients from Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Hamilton, Burlington, Georgetown, Milton and the GTA.  He strives to be the best plastic surgeon and is one of the few plastic surgeons in Canada with 5-star ratings on RealSelf, RateMD and Ontario Doctor Review.  He is the director of cosmetic surgery training and an assistant clinical professor at McMaster University.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC