Can I use fat from my mother? If she gets a tummy tuck, can I use her fat?

No, you may only use your fat.  Thinner patients can be good candidates as well.

Fat Transfered To Another Person?

Thank you for your question!  Unfortunately you cannot use another persons fat, to be transferred to your own body.  Your body will reject it!  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Fat transplant

Unfortunately, performing a fat transplant is not being done at this time.  You would reject your mothers's fat if it were to be performed.

Can I use fat from my mother for a BBL?

Like any transplant that is received by a donor other than an identical twin, fat grafts will be seen by the body as 'foreign' and rejected unless the patient is put on strong anti-rejection medications for the rest of his or her life. Of course, if it is for a lifesaving or life-altering reason (heart, kidney, hand, face etc.), it can't be justified and is not done. However, patients who think that they are too slim to have enough fat to have a BBL may still be candidates because of the advances in the techniques of fat harvesting and grafting have evolved much in the past few years. Please have a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon to see if you can expect a good result.

Christopher T. Chia, MD

Can I use fat from my mother?

This is a common question. Brazilian Butt Lift has the advantage of utilizing the patient’s own body fat as the injected material. This body fat fuses with the fat cells already in existence in the buttock, allowing maintenance of the results through regular exercise and diet. Furthermore, the liposuction performed during the procedure does not require normal surgical incisions, such as required when a synthetic material is used. Therefore, the procedure required no large incisions, heals quickly, and does not cause noticeable scarring. The results are a flatter stomach, thinner waist, and a fuller buttock. However, you cannot use your mother's fat for your BBL. Next step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.