Is it ok to get coolsculpting on my inner thighs a week before I have a lipoabdominoplasty?

I have a small varicose vein on my calf, can I still get coolsculpting onyou inner thighs? Is it ok to get coolsculpting if you have borderline high cholesterol levels? Does coolsculpting hurt the veins with cooling and suction? Thank you

Inner Thigh

Inner Thigh Cool Sculpting is fine in my opinion before your surgery and even if you have a varicose vein in your calve. If you were having surgery with me I may have wanted to assess your inner thigh for surgical improvement while/during your surgery. Cool Sculpting is an excellent option but surgery is still the  gold standard for results in most cases. 

Coolsculpting

Hello and thank you for this question. Yes I do believe it is safe. Make sure you have chosen a physician with expertise in these procedures. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting should be safe before your surgery, and safe with your vein issues, but I'd recommend getting your veins checked out by a specialist some time.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting one week prior to liposuction and tummy tuck concerns

Dear plural:

I know of no reason why you could not get CoolSculpting to the inner thighs a week before lipo-abdominoplasty if you have no history of Raynaud's Syndrome, frostbite or skin cooling issues, known collagen-vascular concerns associated with skin healing or prior DVT (deep vein phlebitis). 

Varicosities of the lower leg indicate venous incompetence and / or elevated venous pressure. There are other concerns regarding DVT for which there is a national guideline for this risk. You should speak to your CS specialist and Plastic Surgeon if they wish to check the possibility of a deep vein obstruction and your risk level prior to your procedures. 

Theoretically, any pressure, cooling or leg immobility can increase the chance of a DVT and your CS specialist and Plastic Surgeon may consider the use of SCD's (sequential compression device cuffs) on your lower leg during these procedures and immediate ambulation following the procedure. 

Cholesterol levels are of concern over time and not at the time of these non-invasive (CS) and invasive procedures (liposuction and tummy tuck). 

I hope this is helpful. I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS