Abdomen deformities 8 weeks post op. (Photo)

I had full abs, full back, and flanks liposuction 8 weeks ago. I also had a tummy tuck March of 2015. I still have a good amount of fat left in my back, and my stomach is deformed. I know it's still early in recovery, and protocol is wait 6 months to a year for final results....but as time progresses, but my results look worse. I have been wearing my compression garments religiously, and watching what I eat. I'm thinking about another round of aggressive lipo and contouring. Am I over reacting???

Abdomen deformities 8 weeks post op.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Back rolls

Your back rolls may be a combination of fat and loose skin. The loose skin stay after liposuction, and may be worth treating with excision in the bra line.

Liposuction - unhappy after 2 months

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You are still swollen - it will be at least another 4 months to see your final result.
  • You cannot tell at this point if there is residual back fat or if there is swelling.
  • I do not see deformity of the abdomen - I see lower abdominal swelling in the photo.
  • Let your surgeon know of your concerns.
  • If at all possible, focus on vigorous physical exercise as well as what you eat -
  • If you lose 10 pounds after liposuction, the fat will not return to other areas and you wil get your best result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Contour deformity after liposuction

Hi. As you alluded to, you are still early on in the healing process.  I would recommend waiting and keeping close follow up with your plastic surgeon.  You may be able to improve it with a more localized revision depending on what it looks like in a few months or so.  Good luck and take care, Dr. Howell