Can cool sculpting make your fat cells die and not melt them away?

I did cool sculpting 7 months ago on my belly and I didn't have a floppy stomach to begin with. After the procedure I was told that although my stomach was out it will return back to normal in a couple of weeks, and the fat cells will melt away. My stomach is horrible now and its floppy and larger than normal, and heavy. I feel that the fat cells are dead. How can I make my stomach go back to normal despite myself exercising daily with a trainer.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting can tighten the skin a bit, but it sounds like you might need a tummy tuck

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and loose abdominal skin

Coolsculpting is a fantastic way to get rid of a fat bulge in a given area without surgery.  If you feel that your skin is loose then you should absolutely return to your treating physician for examination.  I often combine coolsculpting with Thermage for the best cosmetic results to tighten the skin after coolsculpting.

Can CoolSculpting make your fat cells die and not melt them away?

Thank you for your question. It is important to express your concerns to the medical professional at the clinic where you received your treatment. Assessing before and after photos and discussing treatment options is always helpful. 

Sincerely Yours, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Skin after Coolsculpting

After Coolsculpting, you can expect 20-25% of that fat to go away.  I have seen skin tightening after CS.... and for those that need more skin tightening, I will use other devices.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting and skin tightening

CoolSculpting works nicely to decrease pockets of stubborn fat, but does nothing to tighten skin. Honestly, skin tightening is not always necessary, and the results from CoolSculpting look great. But sometimes the skin also needs to be tightened. I would suggest an in person consultation.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat Cells After CoolSculpting -- Stomach Worse After Treatment

This is a common complaint I see in my practice which can really only be fixed with properly performed liposuction.  Coolsculpting does not cause skin tightening and can sometimes cause the fat cells to hypertrophy or get larger after treatment in some cases.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Examination is needed as well as comparing weight at the time of procedure

Coolsculpting is a safe and effective treatment when done with excellent candidates and done in a plastic surgery office setting.  If you were done at a spa without MD supervision, your expectations may be unrealistic.  Weight gain, what applicator, how many treatments, can all effect your result as well as your skin integrity.  Seek a reputable plastic surgeon to access your skin, he or she is the best person for this as they can offer alternatives.  ( A spa usually does not have liposuction, tummy tucks, and weight loss as an alternative.)

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon