Do I have a weak chin? (Photo)

Possible weak chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You do appear to have some mild recession of your chin that could be improved with injectable fillers, chin augmentation with an implant or a sliding genioplasty.  Bringing your chin more forward would help to balance your profile.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I have a weak chin?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures, including Chin Augmentation with dermal fillers or silastic chin implants, for over 30 years.  From the photo, your chin is weak.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy, the lower face looks short, de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a "double chin".  

Proper placement of a silastic chin implant adds forward projection to the chin thereby creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  Using the same incision, liposuction can be performed to reduce the fat and further shape the neck.  Excess skin, from below the chin, can also be removed through the same incision.  

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty (requires extensive tissue dissection, bone cuts and placement of metal screws and plates to secure the cut segments of bone).  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  

Hope this helps.