Rhinoplasty with possible chin surgery? (Photos)

I want a completely different nose- not as wide, hump removed, more pointed tip, and straight... would that be acheivable? I'm also considering some sort of chin surgery. I feel it doesn't stick out far enough, but it hangs too low...

Rhinoplasty and chin

Hello! Yes, both are possible, it would be best for you to schedule a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon for a full evaluation and discussion of expectations. Your photos also show that your skin has been morphed- to improve the tone and texture of the skin, a skin treatment such as peels or lasers would be required. Good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

thanks for your question and photos. I think a rhinoplasty can give you some real enhancement and refinement to the dorsum and tip. The chin implant is reasonable. Of course you need a consult for a full assessment. Good luck 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

The results you've morphed are very natural and achievable. With these pictures I cannot tell if chin augmentation would be beneficial but a true profile would be helpful.

Rhinoplasty

Refinement of your nose is certainly possible. Good luck with your decision to move forward and have your surgery..

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

From the limited photographs presented, it appears that there is an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump, and a weak and recessive  chin profile present. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, and refining the nasal tip cartilages in addition to making them more symmetrical. Placement of a chin implant will help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. In our practice, we have been using Implantech Silastic chin implants for over 25 years. The digital computer image photographs to appear realistic, but  by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. For more information, diagrams of the chin implants  and many  before and after results of rhinoplasty/chin implants, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty with possible chin surgery?

You appear to be a candidate for a Complete Rhinoplasty. I would utilize a closed Rhinoplasty technique- without a scar on your columella. In the right hands- I predict you should have a very pleasing result. Re/your chin- it will require the correct side view-lateral, both side views to determine the relationship between a forehead and your chin. That it required to determine if any chin surgery would be helpful. You have potential for a very elegant nose . For more info re/ how to choose your Rhinoplasty Surgeon- you can view the video attached.

Rhinoplasty and chin surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  A chin implant can be performed at the same time.  I always recommend a medpor implant with screw fixation, which has a much lower rate of malrotation over time than a silicone chin implant.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Combined chin implant and rhinoplasty surgery

It is not uncommon to perform chin augmentation with a rhinoplasty procedure. Often times, both are done together in order to bring the nose and chin in harmony on the profile view. Secondly, it is possible to reduce your nose and make it smaller while bringing your chin line forward with an anatomic chin implant. Hump reduction and reducing the size of the nose seems reasonable as well as reducing the bulbous tip based upon the photographs that you submitted. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon